Thursday, October 27, 2011

The "Skinny" on getting Skinny

We all want those perfect bods for our wedding day! You may have a few extra pounds you'd like to shed before the big day comes. I'll tell you what has worked for me when trying to slim down.

#1) SPINNING CLASSES. Don't hate just yet. I swore my body could never handle one of those dreadful classes. My friend, Melanie drug me to my very first one. I'm not going to lie it was awful. But then the next one got easier, and then the next one was even easier for me. It helped me to drop those unwanted pounds and it was fun to go with friends who help motivate me.
#2) WEIGHTS. Add a few days a week of light weights into your weekly regimen. I know it helped me feel stronger and it helped boost my metabolism too.
#3) Eat more fruits and veggies!! My sweet mother is always reading books and so one day while I was in the car with her, I was looking through one of her health books she had lying there. It was seriously a HUGE wake up call for me. I honestly can't say I eat more than one or two fruit and veggie servings A WEEK! I know, I am so pathetic. Okay so this book has stages of starting to eat healthier and stage one just requires you to chop up a bowl of fruit and veggies once a day, an hour or so before dinner and eat the whole thing. Thats it. No cutting out anything. Eat dinner same as always. This way it will help you get used to the idea of eating your fruits and veggies while probably making you less hungry at dinner time. You should really read them. Find them on AMAZON.

Here are some Protein Shakes I found here. I find I have a lot more energy for some reason when I drink one of these in the morning and I feel full for longer.

Hope you enjoyed my tips! Holidays are coming. The hardest time of the year to stick to a healthy eating regimen. YOU CAN DO IT!

2 comments:

  1. Rarely any of us actually eat enough fruits and veggies! Thanks for the reminder and other good suggestions! This entry is timely heading into the holidays! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, Hey! girl!! You are my health person goal:) You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete